About the Data Visualizer role:
As Data Visualiser:
- Design online graphical user interfaces for existing and new deliverables
- Help define user requirements, create wireframes and the visual design of the UI for web-based data visualisation products
- Strong knowledge of UX and UI
- A passion for creativity, visual design, and simplicity
- Curiosity for learning new ways to visualize data
- Present user interface concepts and design approaches clearly and convincingly
- Act as a resource for implementation troubleshooting, etc.
- Act as a primary decision maker regarding all User Interface and Web designs
As Workshop Presenter:
- Enjoy public speaking
- Have a firm grasp of best practice data visualisation principles
- Be able to design beautiful, informative and engaging designs in Illustrator, to be ported into Datalabs’ growing library of slides displayed in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Enjoy travel — presenter will be expected to tour the main Australian capitals of Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, and Darwin in addition to Datalabs’ home city of Melbourne. International travel is expected in the future, especially to the commercial hubs of Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.)
- Have a passion for education and training
- Be able to create bespoke workshop exercises and interactive sessions based on individual corporate or government needs detailed in Datalabs workshop briefs
- Possess creativity to imagine new workshops based on where the market is going, feedback from prospective clients on what they’d like to see, and where there is a gap in the education and training marketplace
- Have superb interviewing skills, be able to ask the right questions of our workshop clients to find out what’s useful information for them to learn, to assess their current levels, and to tease out from individual trainees what obstructs them in their skill set and current position from being great visualisers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design or a related field
- Experience designing UI solutions for interactive media, software or the web
- Solid understanding of and experience with the Web and Web technologies
- Experience with wireframing and modelling, navigation systems, and usability testing preferred
Please send a brief cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to any examples of your visual work.