We’re looking to add an infographic designer to our team here at Datalabs.
About the Infographic Designer role:
Our Infographic Designers are the agency’s creative visualisers and graphic designers, working on the creation of infographics and data visualisation projects. Our agency creates data-driven visual content and reports for consumers (B2C) and to internal audiences and other businesses (B2B). These positions work on more than one design brief at a time.
A typical day’s activity for an Infographic Designer:
- Taking an infographic story document and mocking up sketches or wireframes for the infographic’s layout & visuals.
- Bringing those sketches or wireframes to life, using Adobe Illustrator and your own artistic skills to produce a finished infographic.
- Visualising data in innovative ways, teasing out the narrative that effectively tells the story and using Illustrator, PowerPoint and other software to communicate that story.
- Designing your own artistic and content creation workflow; looking for plug-ins, scripts, and software add-ons that can simplify and enhance the graphic design process.
- Brainstorming new ideas and concepts for clients.
- Presenting the creative designs to clients.
What We’re Looking for in Applicants
Essentially, anyone who works with Datalabs has to have a similar hungry approach to awesome and innovative work that we do.
- Staying curious, constantly vetting new technology for producing visual content, particularly in the areas of design, data visualisation, and motion design. By pushing the boundaries of software programs such as Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Premier, Dreamweaver, you’ll work with us to create new ways to engage with media.
- Working with others, such as developers, marketing and account managers, story editors, data analysts or other technicians.
- Training on new software; getting certified on creative packages, such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience in a similar position or a strong body of infographic work.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator. These are the true skills needed to be successful in the Infographic Designer position.
- Knowledge and understanding of other software in Adobe’s Creative Cloud is preferable, but not necessary: After Effects, Premier, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, & Lightroom.
Hand-drawn illustration skills are also welcome.
- Please send a brief cover letter and your digital portfolio of infographics to firstname.lastname@example.org – PDFs, URLs, and Behance sites are preferred formats to review creative work, but we will look at other formats and presentations, as well.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact agency staff. Successful candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis for the purpose of arranging an interview, either in person or via conference call.
- The Infographic Designer positions are located at Datalabs’ office in Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia.
The Infographic Designer positions are an on-going need for our agency, and work on a six-month contracts. Contract remuneration are subject to experience of the applicant.
To be eligible for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian and/or New Zealand work visa.