Datalabs is looking to add an Animator & Motion Graphic Designer to our team here at Datalabs.
About the Animator & Motion Graphic Designer role:
Our Animators & Motion Graphic Designers are the agency’s creative visualisers, working on the creation of motion graphics, animated data videos, interactive infographics, and data visualisation projects. Our agency creates data-driven visual content and reports for consumers (B2C) and to internal audiences and other businesses (B2B). These positions work on more than one design brief at a time.
A typical day’s activity for an Animator & Motion Graphic Designern:
- Taking a story document and mocking up sketches or storyboards for project’s layout & visuals.
- Bringing those sketches or storyboards to life, using Adobe Illustrator and After Effects, using your own artistic skills to produce a finished motion graphic or animated video.
- Storyboarding visual ideas for a client’s animated videos.
- Visualising data and visual information in innovative ways, teasing out the narrative that effectively tells the story and using Illustrator and After Effects and other software to communicate that story.
- Designing your own artistic and content creation workflow; looking for plug-ins, scripts, and software add-ons that can simplify and enhance the graphic design process.
- Brainstorming new ideas and concepts for our agency’s website animation and also for clients.
- Training on new software; getting certified on creative packages, such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
What We’re Looking for in Applicants
Essentially, anyone who works with Datalabs has to have a similar hungry approach to awesome and innovative work that we do.
- Staying curious, constantly vetting new technology for producing visual content, particularly in the areas of design, data visualization, and motion design. By pushing the boundaries of software programs such as Adobe Illustrator and After Effects, you’ll work with us to create new ways to engage with media.
- Learning new skills, especially in 3d CAD tools and with addition After Effects plug-ins which are agency uses.
- Working with others, such as developers, marketing and account managers, story editors, data analysts or other technicians.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator and After Effects. These are the true skills needed to be successful in the Motion Graphic Designer position.
- Knowledge and understanding of other software in Adobe’s Creative Cloud is preferable, but not necessary: Premier, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, & Edge Animate.
- Hand-drawn illustration skills are also welcome.
- Please send a brief cover letter and your digital portfolio of motion graphics to GDay@Datalabs.com.au. PDFs, URLs, and Behance sites are preferred formats to review creative work, but we will look at other formats and presentations, as well.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact agency staff. Successful candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis for the purpose of arranging an interview, either in person or via conference call.
- The Animator & Motion Graphic Designer positions are located at Datalabs’ office in Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia. To be eligible for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian and/or New Zealand work visa.
This position would be on a freelance position initially. For the right individual, Datalabs could re-design this role as contract or full-time position. We’re a fast growing agency with an expanding client list.